Thursday 19 May 2016

Nurse sits on 7 bloody syringes 'deliberately left upright on train seat



A terrified nurse accidentally sat on seven 'used' syringes intentionally left upright on  a train seat.
The medical needles were left upright from the seat and covered in blood on the train in Vienna, Austria.
It's the second such incident in two months, and police are investigating the possibility that it's the work of a serial offender deliberately leaving needles in public,Daily Record reports. 

The woman injured in this incident, named as Carmen E, 21, was taken to hospital for HIV and hepatitis tests, but may not know the results for a month.The trainee nurse said her whole body shook when she realised what had happened in Vienna, Austria.

She said:

 “At first I had not thought about it at all and then I felt behind and got a big shock.
“I immediately panicked and trembled all over. I just cried.
“Doctors have said that it will take up to one month before the results are known.
“Until then, I am in constant uncertainty. Hopefully I was not infected with AIDS. This is my greatest fear.”
Staff searched the train and found the syringes stuck between the surface of the seat and the backrest.
Police are checking CCTV footage from the train and warned passengers to be vigilant and examine transport seats before sitting on them.

Related Posts

0 comments: